My name is Roxanne and this is my second quarter at Brandman University, so I am relatively new to the school and am finding it much different than my experiences at junior colleges. There is far less room to be casual about your studies and everyone takes school much more seriously, which I prefer and find motivating. I am technically a Business major, though my emphasis is on Entrepreneurship. At this time, I am not entirely sure what I wish to make my life's work, however, I do know I would like to go into business for myself and be my own boss. I currently run my own online shop selling artwork I create and do okay with that, though naturally, I would like to expand, perhaps one day owning my own physical store and that is my primary reason for studying at Brandman and acquiring a degree in entrepreneurship.
In keeping with requirements, I intend to become a more advanced scholarly researcher by not only summarizing and becoming familiar with the topic at hand while using relevant terms to describe it, yet also discovering details of the main subject through research that is intelligently and logically evaluated, considering sources (i.g. if researching wildlife, National Geographic is more likely to contain accurate information than Cosmo magazine), as well as accessing and utilizing multiple resources, such as libraries, google search, digital archives, lexicons and encyclopedias. In addition, I will support any thesis or conclusions with supporting evidence, "comparing new knowledge with prior knowledge to determine the value added, contradictions, or other unique characteristics of the information" (ACRL, 2000), and will cite the proper information.
References
Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education. (2000). Retrieved from
http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/standards/standards.pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment